-
I see your concerns I really never looked at it that way. For me the best thing about it is the removal of non everyday or normal user programs. I have added Google Chrome with all the plugins and add on so that you can browse the internet without issues with video and audio and such. Ive upgraded LibreOffice to the latest version. Added the default print value from LOffice to 8x11 for us US users rather than A4. Ive added an VM Ware view client for mobile users so those whom need can use. Updated Konq to latest version. I feel its just a more ready to use Knoppix for internet users than Knoppix as is.
itman Tim
-
Would a list from kn-what be helpful? I will also upload the latest remaster "SlimStation" tomorrow. As I have made changes today.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
itman007
Would a list from kn-what be helpful?
Greetings, itman007.
I find kn-what useful, but that would only be a start here, IMO.
The following might give you some perspective on advertising your distro.
You have a lot of competition, more than just Knoppix.
http://distrowatch.com/dwres.php?resource=submit
Respectfully.
-
Competition isnt my concern here. We are an K12 educational institution. We use this remasterd Knoppix to run our labs. The students come up with ideas to add to the iso in which works well for their environment. They just wanted to make it available for public use so that maybe in return they can make custom iso's for someone elses need/request in hopes of getting donations to the technology class/room here in return but mostly as bragging rights to say we made that.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Computer Manuals and Disks - Windows 3.1, Epson, Quicken, and more
$101.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

7248 Micro Star Vintage Computerboard Kit For Rebuild Including Accessories
$60.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Apple III / External 5 1/4" Floppy Disk Drive A3M0004 - Untested
$120.00

Vintage 1983 Apple II ProDOS User's Kit Computer Software NEW SEALED A2D2010
$64.95

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72