Quote Originally Posted by Capricorny View Post
Maybe some hints from Klaus K re nvidia on the debian-knoppix mailing list could be of interest:



As I think many could be affected, fine if you report what you find out about solutions/lack of such

Thank-you I wasn't aware of this post by Klaus.

For me the problem seems to be only with text and matches the
screenshot from this bug report, rather than a wider nvidia card issue.
In fact, I was mistaken in my last post (forgot to restart Xserver) and reverting to libcairo2_1.10 DOES seem to fix the issue.

  1. download the appropriate .deb for libcairo2_1.10.2-7
    from here (ie for i386 http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/d...0.2-7_i386.deb)
  2. sudo dpkg -i <the package>.deb
  3. sudo service knoppix-startx stop (stops Xserver and reverts to root at prompt)
  4. service knoppix-startx start

The downgrade breaks another package (libgtk2.0-cil), but otherwise seems fine after 1hr+ using iceweasel.

Good luck,

Brad