-
Knoppix 7 to Hard Drive Problem
I have downloaded Knoppix 7.0.1 and it runs perfectly in live mode. This is great because I recently had to buy a new motherboard and processor after a failure and the board seems very anti linux. I eventually got Debian 6 to install but Mint 13 just hangs. The M/B is a Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2PV. With its Kernel 3.3 Knoppix 7 sees the onboard LAN and the onboard Graphics which seems to be the problem with other distros. I decided I would like to install Knoppix to my hard drive. After formatting a partition of about 30GB with reiserfs as required I tried to install. Unfortunately it hangs on the window saying "copying files". The drive it is trying to copy to is a 500GB SATA. Does anyone have any suggestions on a course of action please? I am not a linux nooby but certainly not an expert.
Tony
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OWC 16TB ThunderBay 4 4-Bay Thunderbolt 3 External Hard Drive RAID - 100% Health
$1212.00

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00