Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knoppix 7 to Hard Drive Problem

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2

    Knoppix 7 to Hard Drive Problem

    I have downloaded Knoppix 7.0.1 and it runs perfectly in live mode. This is great because I recently had to buy a new motherboard and processor after a failure and the board seems very anti linux. I eventually got Debian 6 to install but Mint 13 just hangs. The M/B is a Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2PV. With its Kernel 3.3 Knoppix 7 sees the onboard LAN and the onboard Graphics which seems to be the problem with other distros. I decided I would like to install Knoppix to my hard drive. After formatting a partition of about 30GB with reiserfs as required I tried to install. Unfortunately it hangs on the window saying "copying files". The drive it is trying to copy to is a 500GB SATA. Does anyone have any suggestions on a course of action please? I am not a linux nooby but certainly not an expert.
    Tony

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    802
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyappuk View Post
    I have downloaded Knoppix 7.0.1 and it runs perfectly in live mode. This is great because I recently had to buy a new motherboard and processor after a failure and the board seems very anti linux. I eventually got Debian 6 to install but Mint 13 just hangs.
    Tony
    Suggestions:
    1. Work from 7.0.2. Even if you think you are not affected by the 7.0.1 trouble.
    2. To further sort problems out, you might try a Poor Man's Install first: Just copy the KNOPPIX directory from the DVD/ISO to some partition, boot from CD or create a booting flash. IF this should work, you may try the 0Wn-install from there. If it doesn't, it's very strange, as long as you have been able to run from the DVD.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2
    Capricorny
    Thank you for your response. I downloaded 7.0.2 and it installed to my hard drive with no trouble at all.
    Tony

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer picture

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer

$2999.99



Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503 picture

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503

$109.99



1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates picture

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates

$36.00



Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board picture

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board

$24.99



Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01 picture

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01

$127.06



Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare picture

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare

$179.00



VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare picture

VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare

$380.00



Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+ picture

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+

$209.99



VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A picture

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A

$22.67



Vintage HP 82166A HP-IL Converter Custom “The BOX” TTL/DAC Interface Controller picture

Vintage HP 82166A HP-IL Converter Custom “The BOX” TTL/DAC Interface Controller

$499.99