-
Failure of Knoppix 7.2.0 with amd64 lenny
The problem I am at, is that I changed motherboard, CPU, and 2 x GPU, and the new system does not recognize the file system (grub2 on master record, raid1, md0). All other stuff is md1, LVM, vg1 seven partitions: home, user etc.
With Knoppix 7.2.0, this morning I could fully analyze this amd64 raid1, with a recent kernel. It worked nicely, although by the vendor I had no internet connection.
7.2.0 did not work, as I said, with a lenny server (kernel 2.6), while it worked with i386, recent kernel.
Knoppix 5.3.1 failed to work with the new CPU-GPU machine, while it worked with the old server.
So, it seems that one should use the Knoppix version according to the Debian kernel age of his hardware.
All that just to answer quickly your kind message. Now I am busy in getting the new machine to work (molecular dynamics). After that, should you want detailed tests from me, please ask and I'll try to do (I am a biochemist, not and expert in computers, however)
Thanks
francesco pietra
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$16.41

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99