-
Senior Member
registered user
Strange behavior of squashfs remaster /sbin/init etc 7.0.2
After a minimal modification of minirt init, the squashfs 7.0.2 image could be booted, and there is seemingly nothing wrong with it. But I thought it was, for the booting procedure seemed to get stuck after syslog init, probably at the hw step. I tried remastering from an earlier, smaller version of 7.0.2, with or without persistent store, but nothing seemed to help Knoppix init past this step.
Then, by chance, I happened to leave the computer alone for a few minutes, and suddenly Knoppix was up and running. I have used squashfs for quite a few remasterings, and never experienced something like this. Could it be Knoppix having gotten more hard-wired to cloop lately? I could not tell that for sure from a brief look at at the occurences of "cloop" in /etc and subdirectories.
Another issue is the impaired functionality of busybox (the version in minirt.gz) loop handling. Something should be done about this, I think. There is no problem creating and using "real" /dev/loop10, but busybox maps it to /dev/loop1 - which may cause serious trouble. It's not even able to handle /dev/loop7..
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99