Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: I must be blind

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    24

    I must be blind

    I don't know if I'm blind or what, but I can't find a link to download 7.02. I can find lots of links to 7.01, but not 7.02. Can someone point me to a link (preferably to a Torrent but I'll take anything) to an English version of 7.02 so I can download it? I would sure appreciate it.

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    What's about http://mirrors.kernel.org/knoppix-dvd/ for example? I didn't try all the others from this list http://www.knopper.net/knoppix-mirrors/

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    24
    Thanks. For some reason that site (along with several others) wouldn't open earlier today. I had tried every single one of the sites linked to on http://knopper.net/knoppix-mirrors/index-en.html and either they wouldn't open at all, or didn't have anything newer than 7.01. I've been trying since June 2nd to get this.

    Now I hope the DL speed is good enough to get it downloaded before I have to go home. The connection here at the library is SO much faster than it is at home.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    802
    Strange. For example, http://ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/linux/knoppix-dvd/ has got it. Go to the http dvd alternative on the mirror llist.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    24
    That's one of the sites that I haven't been able to get into for some reason via the Mirror Page at http://knopper.net/knoppix-mirrors/index-en.html . I don't know what the problem is, but for some reason I am unable to access over half of the European mirrors from that page. I get to the Knoppix Downloiad Agreement Page, click on Accept, and nothing happens. I've tried it from different places (home, library, church, etc.), with different machines, and different browsers and can't get past the Download Agreement Page. This hasn't be just a one day problem, but has been going on for several weeks. I would imagine that some of them might have been traffic issues as I could get into others, but those didn't have 7.02. I still can't get to the mirror you linked to from the Mirror Page, but I can get into it using the direct link you posted which bypasses the Download Agreement Page. Maybe it has something to do with my being in the USA, and in a northern rural area (an area called the Frozen Tundra).

    Anyway, thanks for the assistance. I was able to get the ISO okay. I'll consider this taken care of and solved.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Kubotek KeyCreator 3D CAD Modeling Software Box 2000’s picture

Vintage Kubotek KeyCreator 3D CAD Modeling Software Box 2000’s

$199.99



Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra picture

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra

$120.00



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP

$299.99



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE

$249.00



8 Inch Floppy Disk Lot of 109 Assorted Brands Maxell KAO Vintage Media Games Ins picture

8 Inch Floppy Disk Lot of 109 Assorted Brands Maxell KAO Vintage Media Games Ins

$195.00



Vintage IBM ThinkPad 600X Type 2645 Laptop  with accessories *Read Description* picture

Vintage IBM ThinkPad 600X Type 2645 Laptop with accessories *Read Description*

$149.99



Vintage Microsoft Windows 1.03 (1986) Retail Box - with 6-Disk Set & Manual picture

Vintage Microsoft Windows 1.03 (1986) Retail Box - with 6-Disk Set & Manual

$999.99



Epson Card 486D4 Single Board Computer Card PCMCIA Vintage Industrial picture

Epson Card 486D4 Single Board Computer Card PCMCIA Vintage Industrial

$906.39



Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used picture

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used

$55.99



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$224.72