-
Howto recompile the Knoppix 703 Kernel from the source and get a compatible binary ?
Hello,
What do I need to do in order to get the same kernel binaries as in the Knoppix 7.0.3 DVD boot folder
when compiling the kernel from the live Knoppix 7.0.3 DVD and using the the sources located in the
/usr/src/linux-source-3.4.4.tar.bz2 file and the .config file from /boot/config-3.4.4 ?
I am using: "make oldconfig; make all; make install; make modules_install"
Do I need to use the virtualbox-guest.tar.bz2 file ? How to use it with the kernel source tree ?
FYI, I am trying to recompile the kernel to get the oprofile.ko kernel module but
the kernel binaries are too different and the module does not load with the original kernel.
So I would need to change all the kernel modules + the kernel which I try to avoid
for obvious reasons. I just like to add the oprofile.ko kernel module to my custom
patch cloop so I can use it when needed.
Best Regards,
Gilles
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

SK HYNIX 32GB 2RX4 PC4 2666V ECC SERVER RAM
$199.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

M386A8K40DM2-CVF SAMSUNG 64GB (1X64GB) 4DRX4 PC4-2933Y SERVER MEMORY
$1400.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Intel Optane NMA1XXD128GPS DDR4 2666 4Rx4 ECC 128GB Server Ram
$80.00

5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99

Micron MTA18ASF2G72XF1Z-2G9WP1ABVGD 16GB 1Rx4 NN4-2933Y DDR4 ECC NVDIMM
$74.50