-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
utu
Greetings, Capricorny.
First thing I tried was knoppix64; maybe you can write-up a cheat-sheet for us to use on this.
Do a testcd if that's possible with your setup.
Testcd: If ISO md5sum is OK, and there never was a CD anywhere close?
64-bits kernel: It should be properly installed as a .deb package, like 32-bits 3.4.4 is. I won't recommend surgery, even if I may end up doing it myself.
My worst disappointment so far is that the init trouble with squashfs persists. It hangs in the udev hw recognition/init - always on squashfs images (I've tried a few versions, they all behave alike here), but never with cloops. And, strangely, not with squashfs and the somewhat mismatched 3.0.4 kernel. With patience, it solves itself, Knoppix always gets up and running, but it takes a looong time. I'm writing this from squashfs remastering of the CD - installed ca 2.4GB of programs, so KNOPPIX.sq is now ca 1.9GB.
And of course two VMware kernel modules refuse to compile again. I'm pretty sure it's because I paid. Seems that LibreOffice is up for an upgrade, Synaptic tells me so. Somewhat bad timing there.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p
$99.99

Juniper Networks AP33 Wireless Access Point Bluetooth WiFi 6 Cloud Managed NIB
$54.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99