-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
ruymbeke
Hello,
What do I need to do in order to get the same kernel binaries as in the Knoppix 7.0.3 DVD boot folder
when compiling the kernel from the live Knoppix 7.0.3 DVD and using the the sources located in the
/usr/src/linux-source-3.4.4.tar.bz2 file and the .config file from /boot/config-3.4.4 ?
I am using: "make oldconfig; make all; make install; make modules_install"
Do I need to use the virtualbox-guest.tar.bz2 file ? How to use it with the kernel source tree ?
FYI, I am trying to recompile the kernel to get the oprofile.ko kernel module but
the kernel binaries are too different and the module does not load with the original kernel.
So I would need to change all the kernel modules + the kernel which I try to avoid
for obvious reasons. I just like to add the oprofile.ko kernel module to my custom
patch cloop so I can use it when needed.
Best Regards,
Gilles
I think the kernel modules are "sensitive" to a few factors, gcc compiler version is one of them. Did you by any chance upgraded the gcc compiler version ? Since you only want to get the oprofile.ko, you might want to try to compile it inside a virtual machine, using the original DVD Live CD. In that case, hopefully you retained all the factors could cause the kernel module loader to fail the sanity check.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS PromBlaster
$895.00

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Panasonic Toughbook CF-29 Vintage Computer - Not Working parts
$89.95

Vintage Microsoft Windows NT 3.51 Workstation 3.5 Floppy Big Box Complete No COA
$139.99

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

Vintage Radio Shack TRS-80 5.25" Floppy Disk Lot of 9 Single Sided Used
$49.99

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37