Greetings, Karibu.
This is an unfortunate problem with 703-CD.
Just go to a command line and do apt-get update & wait for this to finish;
then go back to Synaptic and it should be ok.
Hi, I run Knoppix 7.0.3 on a USB pendrive installed from the Live CD. When I try to open S.P.M. I get the mesage that an error occurred and I'm asked to report it. I attached a screenshot which gives more details. What can I do to fix that?
Greetings, Karibu.
This is an unfortunate problem with 703-CD.
Just go to a command line and do apt-get update & wait for this to finish;
then go back to Synaptic and it should be ok.
Greetings, utu
and thank you for helping me...YES, issue solved!
PS.: Now that I have SMP working...is it possible to get the GNOME desktop environment as an additional sesssion to choose from by installing the "gnome" package?
I want to show off a bit at my "Windows" or "Mac" friends what I can do with Linux/Knoppix.![]()
Last edited by Karibu; 07-06-2012 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Issue [SOLVED]
On my laptop, when new, Windows 7 would boot-up and get on line in
about 60 seconds. Knoppix 7 gets there in 34 to 40+ seconds, depending
on whether we're discussing CD or DVD versions.
OK, got it .... thank you....!

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
$280.00
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1245v6 16GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD
$483.99
Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1220v5 16GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD
$477.00
Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1240v5 16GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD
$484.00
HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$164.97
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99