Perhaps "Caution: X-Screensaver" within knoppix-cheatcodes.txt may help you.
Hi,
I'm running Knoppix 7.0.3 from USB pendrive:
Through the DEFAULT settings under
--->System Tools --->System Settings --->Power - Brightness Settings
the screen gets locked after it is shut down.
The only way out from the locked screen was for me
'Ctrl + Alt +F1' and then typing "reboot"
To UNLOCK, the Administrator Password is needed.
I already posted HERE, assuming that a password for 'root' will do the trick,
but it doesn't.
What is the correct "Knoppix User (Administrator)" password?
Temporarily I can turn the Lock option OFF, to solve this inconvenience, but anyway, I would like to know the Admin password.
Perhaps "Caution: X-Screensaver" within knoppix-cheatcodes.txt may help you.
Thank you, Werner.
Yes, that helps.
I wonder, is this related to the Authentication issue which I posted HERE?
Sorry, I cannot find 'Software Update' in category 'System Tools'. Please try right-mouseclick to the menuentry you refer to and tell us, what you can see in the line "properties => command"
---> System Tools
---> Software Update
---> line "properties => command": gpk-update-viewer
Ok, I see gpk-update-viewer doesn't belong to Knoppix software selection. I doesn't try to install it - broken dependicies. Knoppix isn't designed for update or upgrade. You'll run in trouble if you do so.
Perhaps "sudo gpk-update-viewer" may help
So, out of curiosity, did I get this after I installed "gnome" via S.P.M.?
I thought I could add the GNOME desktop to the CD7.0.3 version (as I have it on the DVD7.0.2) without getting in trouble.
With V7.0.3 DVD you can get Gnome desktop by
Menu => Knoppix => "Chose/Restart KNOPPIX Desktop"
OK, I tried to make a USB drive from V7.0.3 DVD and ran into THIS .

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco C9130AXI-B Dual Band Wireless Access Point 9130AXI Internal Antenna B
$65.00
$75.00
Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99
Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
$36.00
Cisco WS-C3560CX-12TC-S 12 Port- IP Data IP Base Ethernet Network Switch 12 GE
$89.99
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Cisco C9300NM8X Network Switch Module
$599.99
Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New
$50.00