Perhaps "Caution: X-Screensaver" within knoppix-cheatcodes.txt may help you.
Hi,
I'm running Knoppix 7.0.3 from USB pendrive:
Through the DEFAULT settings under
--->System Tools --->System Settings --->Power - Brightness Settings
the screen gets locked after it is shut down.
The only way out from the locked screen was for me
'Ctrl + Alt +F1' and then typing "reboot"
To UNLOCK, the Administrator Password is needed.
I already posted HERE, assuming that a password for 'root' will do the trick,
but it doesn't.
What is the correct "Knoppix User (Administrator)" password?
Temporarily I can turn the Lock option OFF, to solve this inconvenience, but anyway, I would like to know the Admin password.
Perhaps "Caution: X-Screensaver" within knoppix-cheatcodes.txt may help you.
Thank you, Werner.
Yes, that helps.
I wonder, is this related to the Authentication issue which I posted HERE?
Sorry, I cannot find 'Software Update' in category 'System Tools'. Please try right-mouseclick to the menuentry you refer to and tell us, what you can see in the line "properties => command"
---> System Tools
---> Software Update
---> line "properties => command": gpk-update-viewer
Ok, I see gpk-update-viewer doesn't belong to Knoppix software selection. I doesn't try to install it - broken dependicies. Knoppix isn't designed for update or upgrade. You'll run in trouble if you do so.
Perhaps "sudo gpk-update-viewer" may help
So, out of curiosity, did I get this after I installed "gnome" via S.P.M.?
I thought I could add the GNOME desktop to the CD7.0.3 version (as I have it on the DVD7.0.2) without getting in trouble.
With V7.0.3 DVD you can get Gnome desktop by
Menu => Knoppix => "Chose/Restart KNOPPIX Desktop"
OK, I tried to make a USB drive from V7.0.3 DVD and ran into THIS .

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89
Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99
Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99
LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04
2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99
US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89
2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99
Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H
$104.98
Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67
Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard
$17.99