Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Administrator Password

  1. #1
    Senior Member Karibu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kelowna, BC Canada
    Posts
    157

    Question Administrator Password

    Hi,

    I'm running Knoppix 7.0.3 from USB pendrive:

    Through the DEFAULT settings under

    --->System Tools --->System Settings --->Power - Brightness Settings

    the screen gets locked after it is shut down.

    The only way out from the locked screen was for me
    'Ctrl + Alt +F1' and then typing "reboot"

    To UNLOCK, the Administrator Password is needed.

    I already posted HERE, assuming that a password for 'root' will do the trick,
    but it doesn't.

    What is the correct "Knoppix User (Administrator)" password?


    Temporarily I can turn the Lock option OFF, to solve this inconvenience, but anyway, I would like to know the Admin password.

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Perhaps "Caution: X-Screensaver" within knoppix-cheatcodes.txt may help you.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Karibu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kelowna, BC Canada
    Posts
    157

    Question

    Thank you, Werner.
    Yes, that helps.
    I wonder, is this related to the Authentication issue which I posted HERE?

  4. #4
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Sorry, I cannot find 'Software Update' in category 'System Tools'. Please try right-mouseclick to the menuentry you refer to and tell us, what you can see in the line "properties => command"

  5. #5
    Senior Member Karibu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kelowna, BC Canada
    Posts
    157
    ---> System Tools
    ---> Software Update
    ---> line "properties => command": gpk-update-viewer

  6. #6
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Ok, I see gpk-update-viewer doesn't belong to Knoppix software selection. I doesn't try to install it - broken dependicies. Knoppix isn't designed for update or upgrade. You'll run in trouble if you do so.

    Perhaps "sudo gpk-update-viewer" may help

  7. #7
    Senior Member Karibu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kelowna, BC Canada
    Posts
    157

    ...because I like the GNOME desktop environment....

    Quote Originally Posted by Werner P. Schulz View Post
    Ok, I see gpk-update-viewer doesn't belong to Knoppix software selection.
    So, out of curiosity, did I get this after I installed "gnome" via S.P.M.?

    I thought I could add the GNOME desktop to the CD7.0.3 version (as I have it on the DVD7.0.2) without getting in trouble.

  8. #8
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    With V7.0.3 DVD you can get Gnome desktop by
    Menu => Knoppix => "Chose/Restart KNOPPIX Desktop"

  9. #9
    Senior Member Karibu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kelowna, BC Canada
    Posts
    157

    Case closed.Open a new thread...

    OK, I tried to make a USB drive from V7.0.3 DVD and ran into THIS .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC picture

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC

$40.00



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari XE  130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested picture

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested

$159.95



ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical  - USA Seller picture

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller

$29.99



Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI picture

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI

$44.00



UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE picture

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE

$34.25



Vintage Atari SF354 Floppy Disk Drive & Power Supply FOR PARTS OR REPAIR AS IS picture

Vintage Atari SF354 Floppy Disk Drive & Power Supply FOR PARTS OR REPAIR AS IS

$120.00