-
Senior Member
registered user
When I said: "I remember some time ago Klaus mentioned knoppix would be fully utf-8 for the next version" I meant what I pasted bellow
~
I haven't had a chance to try the latest version of knoppix but if it is not fully utf-8 complaint, do you know of any other debian based live-cd which is?
~
lbrtchx
~
// __ Re: Knoppix 6.7.1 DVD EN - problem with Czech locale
~
http://lists.debian.org/debian-knopp.../msg00001.html
~
Thanks for this hint, it looks like I really have to move away from the
"one char per letter" approach that was 8-bit-per-char ISO-8859-*. Some
programs in Debian don't even seem to support the traditional charsets
anymore, and crash on startup in a non-utf8-environment (openshot,
stopmotion, ...), so it is likely that I will have to switch to UTF-8
completely in the next Knoppix version. For this, I will use your patch
above, too.
~
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

ADATA XPG Lancer Blade RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Desktop RAM Black
$429.94

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3
$550.00

LOT OF 4 Samsung 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC UDIMM 2Rx8 PC4-21300 M391A2K43BB1-CTDQ
$469.95