-
Senior Member
I seldom give up...

Originally Posted by
Capricorny
I don't think it's the size.
Have you tried with the old fart fdisk
sudo fdisk /dev/sdh
Then delete anything that exists there, create a new partition, set type to "c", write partition table to disk and then reformat?
Myself, I have hade some problems with large sticks, in particular USB3. Using them in a USB2 port may work better, for instance.
You can also check reading/writing to the disk before running flash-knoppix, and keave the formatting out.
...but until now I spent hours and I got tired of chasing a phantom...
@Capricorny
I followed your advice but without success..
I'm not an expert in Software and I still think there is a difference in the 'flash knoppix' of the different versions, V7.03DVD/CD and V7.02!
I close the case for me and run 7.03 from 8GB or 16GB USB flash drives!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

BitBinders 1581DV Dual 3.5" Floppy Disk Drive for Commodore 8-Bit Computers READ
$319.00

Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Vintage Commodore 128 C128 Personal Computer For Parts/No Power Supply
$149.95

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49

Commodore 64 “Breadbox” PARTS ONLY W/ Ray Carlsen PSU (See pics & description)
$110.00

Commodore 64/128 RF delete
$25.00

Commodore 128 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Commodore OS Vision 3.0 | Bootable USB Install | Linux Gaming OS
$24.99