Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Unable to boot Knoppix 7.0 in HP Pavilion g4-1200TX Notebook PC

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2

    Unable to boot Knoppix 7.0 in HP Pavilion g4-1200TX Notebook PC

    Hi,

    I downloaded the most recent version of knoppix and tried to boot from pendrive.
    When I boot it default, a black screen appears and then nothing happens.
    When I boot using debug command, i get error message
    "sh: can't access tty / job control off".
    I tried "knoppix acpi=off nolapic hpet=off nodma" . "knoppix vga=normal" ,"knoppix xmodule=intel" but it doent helped.
    I even tried "knoppix nodrm" . It doesn't gave any error but sceen hangs at a point where just cursor blinks and doesnt accept any input
    Below are my system hardware configuration
    System Model: HP Pavilion g4-1200TX Notebook PC
    BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 03.61.01F.32
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2330M CPU @ 2.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.2GHz\
    Graphics1: Radeon(TM) HD6740M
    Graphics2: Intel(R) HD Graphics family
    Sound Devices: Speakers and Headphones (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)

    Please help me!!! It works wonderfully in my friends' systems, I'm dying to use it.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    110
    Mr Abikash
    I am a junior member like you.
    Booting KOPPIX from pendrive supposes you have INSTALLED knoppix7 on your pendrive.
    1- If so I cannot help you
    2-If not you have first to INSTALL knoppix7 on your pendrive...
    2a-But this also supposes you have a knoppix7_CD/DVD as a tool.
    2b-If you have not such a CD/DVD you have first to burn such one from your ".ISO File" that you dowloaded.
    3- I suppose your "Pavilion" authorizes "Booting from another device other than "HDD" (Look for abilities of your "BIOS").
    4- I am very surprised that you have no reply because this "Forum" is very sympathic and helps very fast
    5- I am rarely connected but I shall be soon for your problem.
    5- Perhaps you are somewhat an expert however... so perhaps I have not understood your Post.
    Greetings
    Last edited by knp; 09-30-2012 at 12:33 AM.

  3. #3
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    I tried "knoppix acpi=off nolapic hpet=off nodma" . "knoppix vga=normal" ,"knoppix xmodule=intel" but it doent helped.
    First of all try
    Code:
    knoppix testcd
    with the CD/DVD you used for flash disk installation and with the USB stick.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2
    Thanks a lot KNP and Werner for your replies. I thought I would never get any replies

    @KNP
    I've installed the Knoppix 7 in my pendrive from a tool. I've set the booting priority so that it boots from the pendrive. No issues with that. When the loading of drivers starts, somewhere around DRM and framebuffer, the screen goes black and nothing happens after that.
    I used the same pendrive in other PC(sony vaio), it works.
    I suspect there is some driver issue, though not sure. I'm very new to linux

    @Werner
    I tried this command "knoppix testcd". No issues with the flashdrive because the same flashdrive works in the other PC

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    110
    Mr Abikash
    "I have installed "Knop7" from a tool" as you said.Perhaps THIS tool does not
    work entirely for your machine.
    1-As for "Windows" partially booting takes account of "PC_material" (the
    respective devices as you said also)
    So it may work for one machine and not so good for another one.
    Nevertheless I suppose you know much more things than me about "PC".
    2- I think it is BETTER to install your "Knop_Flash" FROM the TOOLS GIVEN by the
    Inventor Mr KNOPPER.
    These tools are included in the "KNOP_CD_DVD" as proposed.
    I installed "Knop5" sometimes on a "Fixed_HDD" a "SD_card" and an "USB_HDD" only. Not "Knop7" yet.
    All went OK AUTOMATICALLY.
    I suppose all this procedure is BETTER WITH "kNOP7"!...a "higher "version"
    After the summer holidays you will find a good help like those of the kind "Mr Werner,Mr Utu etc..."
    Greetings
    knp

  6. #6
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Graphics1: Radeon(TM) HD6740M
    Perhaps in your case the recommendation from Klaus Knopper for a Radeon card may also be helpfull for you:
    Boot with options knoppix nomodeset nocomposite
    http://knopper.net/knoppix/knoppix64-en.html

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



MSI Z590 Gaming Edge Wifi LGA 1200 mATX Intel DDR4 Motherboard picture

MSI Z590 Gaming Edge Wifi LGA 1200 mATX Intel DDR4 Motherboard

$175.00



ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI picture

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI

$289.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$76.49



ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI  ATX RGB picture

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB

$69.99



ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU

$45.00



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99