Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: no desktop on a Dell optiplex Gx150

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    11

    no desktop on a Dell optiplex Gx150

    hello.
    I am trying to run knoppix 6.4 on my dell optiplex gx150. I get to the desktop and then the screen goes into sleep mode. The menu bar has no items and I can't move the cursor before the screen flashes a few times and sleeps. I ctrl+alt+F1 and can get to the system terminal. I tried gnome and kde as the desktop enviorments and didn't have any success. My system has 512mb ram and uses intel integrated graphics. Please give any ideas?

  2. #2
    Have you tried "knoppix xmodule=vesa" at the beginning when you loaded Knoppix?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    11
    I actually tried "knoppix no3d" and that fixed it. I found my 6.7 disk and it seems to fix the problem altogether.

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanvade View Post
    I actually tried "knoppix no3d" and that fixed it. I found my 6.7 disk and it seems to fix the problem altogether.
    With so little RAM and a not so-hot CPU (OptiPlex GX150s are very old), I'd stick w/ the default GUI [LXDE]. The 'L' in LXDE is for Lightweight and it's a lot less demanding than KDE....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


DEC PDP-11/34 Front Panel Complete PDP11 RARE picture

DEC PDP-11/34 Front Panel Complete PDP11 RARE

$450.00



Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage picture

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage

$225.61



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$224.72



Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive picture

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive

$649.00



Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000 picture

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000

$99.95



Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks picture

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks

$79.00



Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ* picture

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*

$199.99



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$799.00



IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on

$500.00