I would suggest that you try to boot without the 'debug' cheat code.
I have an older Dell Inspiron whose CD drive does not work, and whose bios dose not allow booting from a usb device. So, I downloaded the ADRIANE iso to the hard drive (it currently runs xubuntu) and configured grub with this boot entry:
menuentry knoppix {
loopback loop (hd0,1)/home/ADRIANE....iso
linux (loop)/boot/isolinux/linux debug nousb bootfrom=/dev/sda1/home/ADRIANE....iso expert knoppix
initrd (loop)/boot/isolinux/minirt.gz
}
When I boot the computer, Knoppix appears to boot ok --it displays a message that it finds knoppix 6 at /dev/sda1/home/.... It displays a messages that kernel 2.6.39.3 is loaded. Then it displays a message:
sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
It then displays a prompt. The hard disk is mounted at /mnt-iso. I cannot run any programs on the hard disk such as firefox. Even if I type the full path, a message is displayed that the program is not found. A character interface is displayed -- no graphical windows manager. Obviously somethins is wrong. Any ideas?
Thanks much!
I would suggest that you try to boot without the 'debug' cheat code.
Alright. It worked! I presumed that "debug" would offer something useful if the boot malfunctioned, and that it would be harmless if it functioned well. I was wrong. Thanks much for your assistance.
Cheers!

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold
$121.00
128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00
Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00
Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V
$41.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
Used Computer RAM - This Is For Multiple Sticks Of RAM
$120.00
Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00