I would suggest that you try to boot without the 'debug' cheat code.
I have an older Dell Inspiron whose CD drive does not work, and whose bios dose not allow booting from a usb device. So, I downloaded the ADRIANE iso to the hard drive (it currently runs xubuntu) and configured grub with this boot entry:
menuentry knoppix {
loopback loop (hd0,1)/home/ADRIANE....iso
linux (loop)/boot/isolinux/linux debug nousb bootfrom=/dev/sda1/home/ADRIANE....iso expert knoppix
initrd (loop)/boot/isolinux/minirt.gz
}
When I boot the computer, Knoppix appears to boot ok --it displays a message that it finds knoppix 6 at /dev/sda1/home/.... It displays a messages that kernel 2.6.39.3 is loaded. Then it displays a message:
sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
It then displays a prompt. The hard disk is mounted at /mnt-iso. I cannot run any programs on the hard disk such as firefox. Even if I type the full path, a message is displayed that the program is not found. A character interface is displayed -- no graphical windows manager. Obviously somethins is wrong. Any ideas?
Thanks much!
I would suggest that you try to boot without the 'debug' cheat code.
Alright. It worked! I presumed that "debug" would offer something useful if the boot malfunctioned, and that it would be harmless if it functioned well. I was wrong. Thanks much for your assistance.
Cheers!

Vintage Iomega Bernoulli 90 PRO 90MB SCSI Removable Disk Drive + Extras
$124.99
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00
Vintage Laptop HP Hewlett Packard Pavilion N3110 Celeron 433 MHz *Please Read*
$50.99
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Aureal Vortex 2 AU8830A2 BA88ST30A-01 PCI Sound Card Vintage Untested
$44.85
RAM-Tester for vintage RAM, 4816, 4164, 41256, 514402, and more - USA Seller
$35.00
Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New
$82.00
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00