Found a solution by creating a new partition and installing knoppix on the HDD.
Greetings. I'm trying to eject a Knoppix V7 DVD from the drive of a Dell Studio 1558. It lacks a manual eject and the Win7 install is busted (hence the knoppix DVD). I've got a USB drive with V6 on it, but when I try to boot from the USB, it starts, then switches to the DVD...meaning I can't eject the DVD.
Is there a boot setting that forces Knoppix to stay with the USB and not shift to the DVD?
For those thinking of other options, there's no BIOS setting to disable the optical drive and the only other way to get the disk out is by disassembling the laptop.
Thanks.
Found a solution by creating a new partition and installing knoppix on the HDD.

GORF Atari/Roklan 400/800 Cartridge Brand New In Box
$48.00
GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95
Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99
GRAPHIC SHOP - Atari 400/800 XL/XE - Antic
$36.00
UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25
Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00