-
Senior Member
registered user
Have you checked posts in this forum about increasing size of persistent store?
And, sudo apt-get clean won't "work" if you have already purged the package cache. It has already done its job.
Not only new installs, but all upgraded packages plus apt's database will take up space in the persistent store, which is why ca 1 GB, which it seems you have set off, is way too little once you start using the system more regularly, with several extra programs.
-
Would a re-flash(without format) at least get me to a point where I could remove google chrome and other packages I don't use. Right now Synaptic package manager doesn't even work because lack
of space. What is persistent storage? I would hate to have to reformat, since my iceweasel book marks would be gone.
I've searched the web and the knoppix forum seems to be the best place to try and get answers to these kinds of things.
I found this from Klaus:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-knopp.../msg00027.html
which I am not sure is what I need.
Thanks Guys
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B
$299.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

M321R4GA0BB0-CQK Samsung 32GB PC5-38400 DDR5-4800MHz Registered ECC CL40 RDIMM
$550.00