I had a similar problem
look at my howto
http://gnubox.dyndns.org:8080//~sunil/kno_cd.html
Charan
[/url]
While trying to remaster and chroot'ed into knxsource\KNOPPIX my name resoulution fails. I have mount'ed proc, added a name server to resolv.conf. I can ping by IP. I can dig, but ping (and more importantly apt-get) doesn't work. Anyone experience this?
I'm following Wiki HOWTO from http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...masteringHowto
Thanks!
Mike
I had a similar problem
look at my howto
http://gnubox.dyndns.org:8080//~sunil/kno_cd.html
Charan
[/url]
your link didn't work, extra / ..Originally Posted by charan
this one works :
http://gnubox.dyndns.org:8080/~sunil/kno_cd.html
The answer is however :
( I had a curious problem /etc/resolv.conf was a symlink to /etc/dhcp/resolv.conf. Ping did not work. I removed the symlink and created a /etc/resolv.conf afresh and it worked. Make sure that you restore the symlink once you are finished)
Thanks for the replies. After fighting this for over an hour I found I had left a space in front of "nameserver" in resolv.conf.![]()

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$899.99
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00