Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: chroot Name Res Fails

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Posts
    96

    chroot Name Res Fails

    While trying to remaster and chroot'ed into knxsource\KNOPPIX my name resoulution fails. I have mount'ed proc, added a name server to resolv.conf. I can ping by IP. I can dig, but ping (and more importantly apt-get) doesn't work. Anyone experience this?

    I'm following Wiki HOWTO from http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...masteringHowto

    Thanks!

    Mike

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    india
    Posts
    3
    I had a similar problem
    look at my howto
    http://gnubox.dyndns.org:8080//~sunil/kno_cd.html
    Charan
    [/url]

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    Quote Originally Posted by charan
    I had a similar problem
    look at my howto
    http://gnubox.dyndns.org:8080//~sunil/kno_cd.html
    Charan
    your link didn't work, extra / ..
    this one works :
    http://gnubox.dyndns.org:8080/~sunil/kno_cd.html

    The answer is however :

    ( I had a curious problem /etc/resolv.conf was a symlink to /etc/dhcp/resolv.conf. Ping did not work. I removed the symlink and created a /etc/resolv.conf afresh and it worked. Make sure that you restore the symlink once you are finished)

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Posts
    96

    Gotta watch those typos!!!

    Thanks for the replies. After fighting this for over an hour I found I had left a space in front of "nameserver" in resolv.conf.

Similar Threads

  1. Running X before chroot...
    By Sago7 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-22-2004, 04:12 PM
  2. chroot problem
    By Gandalf_Grey_ in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 06:53 AM
  3. chroot help
    By gursharnsingh in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-15-2004, 09:38 PM
  4. X programs from chroot
    By rdmelin in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-20-2003, 02:27 PM
  5. To chroot or not to chroot
    By sminotti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-07-2003, 07:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations  Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981 picture

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981

$295.00



Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic picture

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic

$100.00



Vintage Apple IIC Monitor Model #G090H Order #A2M4090 AS IS For Repairs Or Parts picture

Vintage Apple IIC Monitor Model #G090H Order #A2M4090 AS IS For Repairs Or Parts

$64.99



LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED picture

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED

$80.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB - M0001A W/ Keyboard, 2 Mice, 800K HD, + More picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB - M0001A W/ Keyboard, 2 Mice, 800K HD, + More

$300.00



Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X picture

Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X

$180.00



VINTAGE Apple Macintosh Security Lock Kit M0201 + Lock + parts NO BOX Original O picture

VINTAGE Apple Macintosh Security Lock Kit M0201 + Lock + parts NO BOX Original O

$24.99



Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A

$150.00



Vintage Apple III Motherboard Logic Board 820-0043-00 E Fully Populated Tested picture

Vintage Apple III Motherboard Logic Board 820-0043-00 E Fully Populated Tested

$210.00



Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand

$275.00