-
^I'm functionally blind, don't have the luxury of living with a sighted person who's knowledgeable enough to convert a vanilla install of Debian to something a blind user can work with and the Adriane variant of Knoppix is the only distro I've found that I can fully install and customize post-installation without assistence from a sighted person. As much as I think 0WN is a piece of junk compared to the Debian Installer, I'm kind of stuck with its limitations until a better Blind person's distro comes along or I learn enough to build a better blind person's distro myself, and sadly, porting Adriane to Debian isn't as simple as adding the knoppix repository to a Debian sources.list and running sudo apt-get install adriane as even with my vastly stripped down set-up there's at least one package in the Adriane dependency tree that isn't available from the repository(and every attempt to use dpkg-repack has failed).
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard
$350.00

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Vintage BUSlink 52X CD RW Drive External USB Hi Speed UII RW52E Retro Tech Y2K
$39.88

Vintage AMD-K6-2/333AFR 2.2V CORE 3.3V CPU Processor NOS Windows 95 NT 1998 NEW
$39.41

Vintage AppleCare Protection Plan Box for Mac Model 607-3517 COLLECTIBLE ONLY
$20.00

Vintage Toshiba Satellite 4090XDVD Intel Celeron 400Mhz Retro - Powers up Cards
$57.59

Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*
$80.00