Working with a Western Digital World book drive with a dead housing. Both drives (mirrored) spin up fine. 500G each, formatted NTFS.
The drives contain image files created by Norton Ghost that I am trying to copy and paste to a Western Digital 1.5T My Passport USB drive.
Using a PC booted with a knoppix disk I am able to see the folders via a usb connector. I can select copy and paste and see the progress bar gradually move to completion which take about 12 plus hours.
When done, I get error messages as follows:
<Ghost file name> "Can't copy special file"
<Ghost file name> "Error Opening File: Permission denial
Error starting file <path and Ghost file name": input/output error
Is there a way to copy Ghost files?
Suggestions greatly appreciated.

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19
G-Technology G-RAID 24TB Dual-Drive External HDD TB3 USB 3.1 7200RPM Silver
$299.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00
EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99