-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
dwstarke
Hate to throw cold water on all this remastering, but is it possible that someone who has created a minimalist knoppix that still does hardware-detection and creates the unionfs with persistence could just make it available? I'm having trouble in this area also and would like to start from the smallest possible iso. If someone has such a beast, please make it available.
Well, I see that you probably don't know how easy remasterings can be done nowadays
I have even remastered running in a virtual machine under qemu, so the pc may still be used for all other things during remastering. Remastering from your own adaptation is almost always faster, safer and simpler than working out from someone else's.
I also see that you probably haven't worked much with upgrading. Having created minimal versions of a few Knoppix releases manually, that's a thing of the past for me. That very effect may be one reason why there seem to be few updated minimalist Knoppix offerings nowadays. I would guess many in need of such things will rather work out from Ubuntu's version of debootstrap - which I have turned to myself, too. Chrooting into that from Knoppix is, IMHO, one of the most efficient ways to achieve minimalism available right now.
A Knoppix version of debootstrap would let you create those beasts you are looking for quickly, easily and safely
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Samsung 860 PRO 2TB 2.5" SATA III V- NAND SSD MZ-76P2T0 82% Health
$185.00

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$56.99

SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps
$37.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

KIOXIA KBG6AZNV512G 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD — TESTED & READY TO USE
$58.99

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SATA III 2.5" Internal SSD (MZ7LN250HMJP) dell Lenovo hp
$32.99