-
Senior Member
registered user
I'm very glad we can probably do it the other way round: Using Knoppix init, and adjoin necessary Debian packages. IMHO, Knoppix init is much better! That was also what I did to make a 64-bits version of 6.4.4. One problem, is that several of Klaus K's Knoppix packages are seemingly not available for separate install. This may be because they are named the same for different releases, but may actually have some differences? (I just wonder.) A knxbootstrap utility would have to be able to download and install all Knoppix packages.
I have successfully chrooted from 7.X into a debootstrap-based 64-bits Ubuntu running, for example, 64-bits qemu, and I think that is currently the simplest way to run pure 64-bits routinely and (mostly) version-independently on a Knoppix-based system. In this situation, I am effectively using a bare-bones version of Knoppix. So, isolating the packages involved and merge them with the debootstrap set could get us there.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo Thinkbook 15 G2, i5 1135G7, 256GB, 8GB, 20VE003GUS no OS, Iris Xe, 15.6"
$200.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...
$749.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.6" Full HD Laptop - Intel Processor N355 2025- 8G...
$349.99

Lenovo - Yoga 7a 2-in-1 16" 2K LCD Touchscreen Laptop - AMD Ryzen AI 7 445 20...
$849.99

Lenovo ThinkPad laptop T490 14" i5 8365U 16GB NEW 256gb SSD WIN 11 pro CAM WIFI
$249.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" i5-10310U 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Laptop
$170.00