dual boot with windows 98 and knoppix I keep the win98 around so I can play XCOM
processor is p3 850 coppermine 384 mb of ram videocard is a trident cyberblade A1
The trident cyberblade videocard has problems with the DDC detect in the bootup so I have to use a static xorg.conf file otherwise the display goes black (the last version of Ubuntu to work with this video card was feisty fawn 7.04)
With a video card this ancient is there any point in trying to get the flash player working? I mean the frame rate might be so slow that watching a flash video might just be an exercise in patience. The laptop will play xvid fine but with a reduced color palette. Other than that the laptop and knoppix get along great. I even managed to get my hands on a PCMCIA USB 2 cardbus so I can transfer files to a stick at a decent rate (USB 1 is slow). One other problem is the laptop doesn't like knoppix DVDs it displays a message saying the media is corrupt. When I run the media in a faster machine there is nothing wrong with the DVD. Any ideas?

OWC Mercury Elite-AL Pro Qx2 4-Bay RAID Enclosure + eSATA 1394 -USB 2.0 (8TB)
$180.00
Glyph StudioRAID 28TB External RAID Hard Drive Thunderbolt 2 USB 3.0 7200RPM
$300.00
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99
Dell 029XMF SAS 12Gbps PCIe x4 8GB RAID Controller Card
$999.99
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49