found the problem to be in the kppp modem timeout increased the time to 120 sec and it connects fine now.
dave
I'm having a problem trying to get the kppp dialer to work with my server
I've got it configured it will dial up the number but when it trys to connect i get the error message kppp dameon died suddenly or something to that affect. the log file says no help available.. I know i had this same problem before-- using another linux distro.. but can't remember where I found the solution.. anyone help?
thanks Dave kc1di
found the problem to be in the kppp modem timeout increased the time to 120 sec and it connects fine now.
dave

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$339.00
Seagate 2.5" Barracuda 1TB SATA III 6Gbps HDD 2F110A-500
$19.99
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99
New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59