-
Dire need of assistance!
Hi one and all!.....Until now I've been using Windows XP SP3. A few days ago both of my computers OS's crashed due to a bastard virus. Yesterday a friend gave me this cd containing Linux...said I can get online with it and may find some assist'. Compared to Windows it's like trying to navigate an alien spacecraft . Ideally I need someone to talk me through the finer points. I'm 47yo, M and residing in Austalia. I'm prepared to telephone anywhere in the world to get live assistance or communicate via [email protected] assist' preferred at my expense. Landline Tel: +61 0885 628 063 or mob: +61 0429091137. plus the code to call Australia out of your country. Will call back immediately or post me a number via e-mail acc' and I will ring within 5 minutes! Btw, my computers will be restored by mid week this week but need to be able to navigate web now. I have terminal cancer and am unable to leave my home to use another computer. If there's anyone out there who can walk me through Linux your assistance will be duly noted, ty.
-
Dude, it comes with web browser, and if your NIC or wireless is working, all you have to do is open (from the menu) preferences/network connections. Walla, set that up and you're online. Right then. Usually without needing drivers. 
Other than that, I would suggest you getting a BartPE boot cd when you get winblows running.
Cheers!!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell PowerEdge R730 8Bay 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 4x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU 1100ws, 2GPUCbl
$660.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox
$620.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99