--Yes, but you can really only do this by editing the syslinux.cfg file on the boot floppy. Put that in with the other kernel parms.
Originally Posted by dng88
Can you add the knoppix myconfig=auto home=auto into the script so that when the system starts, there is no need to type these cheat code?
Thanks for any help.
--Yes, but you can really only do this by editing the syslinux.cfg file on the boot floppy. Put that in with the other kernel parms.
Originally Posted by dng88
Thanks.
![]()
Is it n ot possible to use the shell script?
--I don't understand what you're asking. If you do what I said above, it should work.
Originally Posted by dng88
I did a couple of things to syslinux.cfg to get what you want:
DEFAULT vmlinuz
APPEND ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi vga=791 initrd=miniroot.gz nomce quiet home=scan myconf=scan noprompt noeject BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix
TIMEOUT 1
In the DEFAULT section I added home=scan myconf=scan noprompt noeject
Then I changed TIMEOUT 300 to TIMEOUT 1.
Now when I insert my startup diskette and turn the power on, the system starts right away.
You can put your cheat codes into a custom boot floppy or cd as described on this page:
http://www.cclug.org/wiki/Main/KnoppixTricks

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$288.19
MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50