Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: custom video player

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    12

    custom video player

    ok, I have several movies that are DIVX or XVID format. What I would like to come up with is a way I can have a knoppix live cd that will autorun any .avi .mpg .mov etc. cd's I put into my DVD drive as well as DVDs. And with a dual display vid card it will output to my tv. Please keep in mind I'm a windows user that just found knoppix so I know little about scripts, remastering, etc. Consider me a dumb end user Any ideas or can somebody do this?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3
    This sounds a bit similar to Movix: which puts 8MB of files onto a CD (or DVD) to make it boot and automatically play any videos on that CD. And movix can be run from windows too I think:
    http://movix.sourceforge.net

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    I won't say that this can't be done with Knoppix but you might have better luck with Movix

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by sim
    This sounds a bit similar to Movix: which puts 8MB of files onto a CD (or DVD) to make it boot and automatically play any videos on that CD. And movix can be run from windows too I think:
    http://movix.sourceforge.net
    Movix is a bootable disc that you can put files onto and watch OR you can boot the disc, remove it and then use Mplayer to watch a DVD for example. It doesn't run from windows per se' it's a bootable disc so the OS that's installed to the hdd is irrelevant.

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    12
    not exactly what I'm looking for but I think it's close enough!!! Thanks guys! I may still be interested in the project I want to do but when i am I'll talk to you again. I think I'll probably go with morphix though cause it's a smaller distro.

Similar Threads

  1. what video player?
    By kam_kenneth in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-05-2004, 05:30 AM
  2. cannot use linux cd player
    By desanti in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2004, 09:13 PM
  3. Real Player
    By ramu_i in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-18-2003, 04:29 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-05-2003, 06:02 PM
  5. Custom Video
    By Pablo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-30-2002, 12:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1690.40



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$316.61



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$102.99



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Acer Aspire 14

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb

$452.53



Western Digital WD Caviar Black 1TB 7200RPM SATA 3.5 HDD WD10000LSRTL New Sealed picture

Western Digital WD Caviar Black 1TB 7200RPM SATA 3.5 HDD WD10000LSRTL New Sealed

$89.99



Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot picture

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot

$189.99