Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: custom video player

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    12

    custom video player

    ok, I have several movies that are DIVX or XVID format. What I would like to come up with is a way I can have a knoppix live cd that will autorun any .avi .mpg .mov etc. cd's I put into my DVD drive as well as DVDs. And with a dual display vid card it will output to my tv. Please keep in mind I'm a windows user that just found knoppix so I know little about scripts, remastering, etc. Consider me a dumb end user Any ideas or can somebody do this?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3
    This sounds a bit similar to Movix: which puts 8MB of files onto a CD (or DVD) to make it boot and automatically play any videos on that CD. And movix can be run from windows too I think:
    http://movix.sourceforge.net

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    I won't say that this can't be done with Knoppix but you might have better luck with Movix

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by sim
    This sounds a bit similar to Movix: which puts 8MB of files onto a CD (or DVD) to make it boot and automatically play any videos on that CD. And movix can be run from windows too I think:
    http://movix.sourceforge.net
    Movix is a bootable disc that you can put files onto and watch OR you can boot the disc, remove it and then use Mplayer to watch a DVD for example. It doesn't run from windows per se' it's a bootable disc so the OS that's installed to the hdd is irrelevant.

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    12
    not exactly what I'm looking for but I think it's close enough!!! Thanks guys! I may still be interested in the project I want to do but when i am I'll talk to you again. I think I'll probably go with morphix though cause it's a smaller distro.

Similar Threads

  1. what video player?
    By kam_kenneth in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-05-2004, 05:30 AM
  2. cannot use linux cd player
    By desanti in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2004, 09:13 PM
  3. Real Player
    By ramu_i in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-18-2003, 04:29 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-05-2003, 06:02 PM
  5. Custom Video
    By Pablo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-30-2002, 12:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD picture

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD

$41.00



WD Re 3TB Enterprise 3.5

WD Re 3TB Enterprise 3.5" HDD SATA 6Gb/s 7200RPM 64MB Cache

$70.00



Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS picture

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS

$184.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Toshiba MG03ACA400 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5

Toshiba MG03ACA400 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Enterprise HDD (V6313)

$61.56



Hitachi Ultrastar 3TB 7200RPM 3.5in SATA III 6Gb/s - enterprise-grade hard drive picture

Hitachi Ultrastar 3TB 7200RPM 3.5in SATA III 6Gb/s - enterprise-grade hard drive

$49.00



HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health

$78.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



HDD 3.5

HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy

$35.00