-
Junior Member
registered user
custom video player
ok, I have several movies that are DIVX or XVID format. What I would like to come up with is a way I can have a knoppix live cd that will autorun any .avi .mpg .mov etc. cd's I put into my DVD drive as well as DVDs. And with a dual display vid card it will output to my tv. Please keep in mind I'm a windows user that just found knoppix so I know little about scripts, remastering, etc. Consider me a dumb end user
Any ideas or can somebody do this?
-
This sounds a bit similar to Movix: which puts 8MB of files onto a CD (or DVD) to make it boot and automatically play any videos on that CD. And movix can be run from windows too I think:
http://movix.sourceforge.net
-
Senior Member
registered user
I won't say that this can't be done with Knoppix but you might have better luck with Movix
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
sim
This sounds a bit similar to Movix: which puts 8MB of files onto a CD (or DVD) to make it boot and automatically play any videos on that CD. And movix can be run from windows too I think:
http://movix.sourceforge.net
Movix is a bootable disc that you can put files onto and watch OR you can boot the disc, remove it and then use Mplayer to watch a DVD for example. It doesn't run from windows per se' it's a bootable disc so the OS that's installed to the hdd is irrelevant.
-
Junior Member
registered user
not exactly what I'm looking for but I think it's close enough!!! Thanks guys!
I may still be interested in the project I want to do but when i am I'll talk to you again. I think I'll probably go with morphix though cause it's a smaller distro.
Similar Threads
-
By kam_kenneth in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-05-2004, 05:30 AM
-
By desanti in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-13-2004, 09:13 PM
-
By ramu_i in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-18-2003, 04:29 PM
-
By nomex in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-05-2003, 06:02 PM
-
By Pablo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-30-2002, 12:20 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

WD Re 3TB Enterprise 3.5" HDD SATA 6Gb/s 7200RPM 64MB Cache
$70.00

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Toshiba MG03ACA400 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Enterprise HDD (V6313)
$61.56

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99

Hitachi Ultrastar 3TB 7200RPM 3.5in SATA III 6Gb/s - enterprise-grade hard drive
$49.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy
$35.00