are you chrooting as root user?
hi,
am remastering knoppix, and was wondering where do I change the icons on the toolbar (window list, show desktop, control center, Konsole,....) . I have also used the steps outlined on this webpage in this endeavor, however, I can't seem to edit any of the files after I chroot. What am I missing???![]()
YELP!!!!![]()
are you chrooting as root user?
Yes I am chroot as user.
root user?
What is the error you are getting?
First of all, sorry for the typo![]()
This is my problem, I followed the how-to directions on this site and am now ready to removee the programs. But I am having a hard time knowing which files I have to take out and where to locate them. I am mostly concerned altering the taskbar and altering the menu. Can someone tell me where to find the files for that.
Secondly, I figured I will have to edit some files, but I can't emacs any file, I get an error reading "emacs: Cannot connect to X server :0.0" .How do I get around it? I am chroot as root user. I would appreciate any help I can get.![]()
![]()
In the chroot window, write
export DISPLAY=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:0.0
and it will work ( if you did "xhost +" on the orig
desktop.
HTH

IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$629.99
Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99
2x IBM POWER6 43E7455 44M1236 IBM9316 Ceramic Server CPU Gold Contacts
$59.99
IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$135.00
IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$200.00
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99