-
Quick Samba
Hello,
I'd like to make a salvage of a Windows 2000 on a laptop (windows 2000 doesn't want to start); So I start the laptop with Knoppix and I set up the network with Samba to save all the data on a Windos Workstation. I execute the same thing which is explain in the Quick FAQ Samba. Everything is working except the fact that I can't get into the /mnt. So I can't save my files from Windows. From Knoppix I can see them and excecute them (but I can't copy and paste from Konqueror)...
I really need to know why...
Thank a lot
-
Remember, if Windows is on an NTFS partition, it's best not to make that one writeable. If you have a writeable partition upon which you want to save the Windows data, you will have to select the option to mount it read/write as opposed to the default, which is read-only. Right click on the icon for the partition and be sure that read-only is not checked and remount.
If you need access as root, do "sudo passwd" to change the root password to one you know, then you can "su" and change to root.
If you're going to save it over the network, use linneighborhood to mount the network share locally.
-
Yes, but is that normal: I can read it from knoppix and not from the network and it's not only /mnt/hda1 but the whole /mnt/
I thought it could be because of the spaces in some folders names
Thx
Similar Threads
-
By benjamin1254 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-11-2005, 03:42 AM
-
By BNU-FaNtAsMa in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-23-2004, 04:14 AM
-
By smarchand291 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-08-2003, 11:41 PM
-
By mikey_man380 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-06-2003, 10:56 PM
-
By unimportantguy in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-23-2003, 09:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

HGST HUS726060ALE610 0F23001 6TB HDD 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K Hard Drive (V6315)
$69.95

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99