Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Quick Samba

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2

    Quick Samba

    Hello,
    I'd like to make a salvage of a Windows 2000 on a laptop (windows 2000 doesn't want to start); So I start the laptop with Knoppix and I set up the network with Samba to save all the data on a Windos Workstation. I execute the same thing which is explain in the Quick FAQ Samba. Everything is working except the fact that I can't get into the /mnt. So I can't save my files from Windows. From Knoppix I can see them and excecute them (but I can't copy and paste from Konqueror)...
    I really need to know why...
    Thank a lot

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Tustin, California, US
    Posts
    5
    Remember, if Windows is on an NTFS partition, it's best not to make that one writeable. If you have a writeable partition upon which you want to save the Windows data, you will have to select the option to mount it read/write as opposed to the default, which is read-only. Right click on the icon for the partition and be sure that read-only is not checked and remount.

    If you need access as root, do "sudo passwd" to change the root password to one you know, then you can "su" and change to root.

    If you're going to save it over the network, use linneighborhood to mount the network share locally.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2
    Yes, but is that normal: I can read it from knoppix and not from the network and it's not only /mnt/hda1 but the whole /mnt/
    I thought it could be because of the spaces in some folders names
    Thx

Similar Threads

  1. just a quick question
    By benjamin1254 in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-11-2005, 03:42 AM
  2. Two quick problems..
    By BNU-FaNtAsMa in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-23-2004, 04:14 AM
  3. editing /KNOPPIX/etc/samba/samba.conf as root ?!?!
    By smarchand291 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2003, 11:41 PM
  4. PLEASE HELP - Quick Question
    By mikey_man380 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-06-2003, 10:56 PM
  5. Quick question
    By unimportantguy in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-23-2003, 09:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q

$185.00



New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW picture

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW

$120.00



Samsung 24

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping

$50.00



RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7

Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7" 4GB Wi-Fi + Verizon Tablet Working

$30.00



RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+ picture

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+

$174.99



Samsung Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 15.6 i7-1260P 16GB 1TB SSD Laptop FAST SHIP picture

Samsung Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 15.6 i7-1260P 16GB 1TB SSD Laptop FAST SHIP

$349.99



Samsung Galaxy Book2 12inch Silver FHD+ TOUCH Snapdragon 850 2.96 GHz 4GB 128GB picture

Samsung Galaxy Book2 12inch Silver FHD+ TOUCH Snapdragon 850 2.96 GHz 4GB 128GB

$160.00