-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Mark_Twain
I used 6.4.3 on a flash drive with persistent storage as my only operating system for more than a year. I thought I understood Knoppix fairly well. Then I got 7.0.4. I can’t start Compiz no matter how much I fiddle with the settings. I can’t connect to the Internet. Help.
Which graphics chipset do you have?
I think that one of the 6.x series was the last one to have the gma500 acellerated driver, which was unfortunately dropped for newer X servers. Since Kernel 3.x, we now have the gma500_gfx framebuffer driver, which is too slow for compiz in mesa 3d software rendering.
Another reason could be that your card is blacklisted for automatic 3D detection (some NVidia and Radeon cards are, because Composite is not stable there), in which case you may try
knoppix 3d
in order to get back the old behaviour of enabling Composite, and letting compiz decide by itself whether or not your card is safe for 3d.
Regards
-Klaus
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung DVI to DVI Cable 6 ft Digital Video Interface Audio Video NEW
$30.89

Original 11" LCD Display Touch Screen Digitizer For Samsung Galaxy A9+ SM-X218U
$48.80

Samsung PM9A1 1TB PCIe 4.0 x4 NVMe M.2 SSD
$135.00

Samsung LC34G55TWDNXZA 34" Odyssey G55T WQHD 165Hz 1ms(MPRT) AMD FreeSync HDR
$217.00

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99

Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible
$39.00

Samsung JC93-01078A Transfer Roller T2
$89.00

Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD
$59.99

QTY 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro 10.1� Case, Black
$500.00

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Digitizer 100% Original Oem
$152.99