-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Mark_Twain
Well, that 7.0.4 CD worked exactly ONCE back in August. It hasn't worked since and I've tried almost daily. I have no connection, no audio and limited graphics.
I have a working Debian testing where I added the proprietary drivers last year. Unfortunately I don't remember what I did. It works perfectly and shows the following cards and drivers:
Graphics: Card NVIDIA C51G [GeForce 6100] X.org 2) Res: 80x24 Gfx Data: N/A for root
Audio: Card NVIDIA MCP51 AC97 Audio Controller driver snd_intel8x0 at ports dc00 d800 BusID: 00:10.2
Network: Card NVIDIA MCP51 Ethernet Controller driver forcedeth at port d400 BusID: 00:14.0
How can install the proper drivers in Knoppix?
And why in the world did the CD work only once?
It seems your graphics card does not work well with free drivers, so I would suggest to disable accellerated graphics ad use framebuffer or non-3d mode. I'm not convinced that the proprietary drivers behave stable, I would try to avoid them. NVIDIA has always been "problem hardware".
knoppix no3d
or
fb1024x768
will turn off composite and acellerated mode, and use the 2D window manager.
I have no idea why your audio and network isn't working. The onboard intel soundcard is completely independent from your graphics card, and all recent network and wifi adapters should be supported by a recent kernel. Also, there is no natural explanation for a case of the CD working "just once". Neither the CD content, nor your computer hardware can be "changed" by software only. If you find out what happened, please let me know!
Regards
-Klaus
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$119.00

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE
$59.99

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97

Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter
$59.99

Juniper AP47 Mist Wi-Fi 7 802.11 6GHz 4x4 Wireless Access Point (NEW)
$999.99

New Sealed Juniper EX4100-F-12P 12x 1GbE PoE 2x 10GbE uplinks 1 Year Warranty
$895.00

New Juniper SRX345-SYS-JB-2AC Junos Router Firewall Services Gateway 16GbE SFP
$560.15

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99

Juniper EX3400-48T Ethernet Switch, 12-Port, Gigabit, Rack Mount
$184.99