-
Absolute beginner needs boot options
Impressed by Knoppix I today succeeded in installing version 3.1. on my hard disk, after making a linux and swap partition using knx-hdinstall.
However, now whenever I reboot I only have the Linux option and cannot select WIN98.
Attempts to reboot with a win98 start floppy showed that according to fdisk the active partition was the 98 one, but I still could not start win98 or access partition magic.
So how do I get to start with the other OS? Can (or must ) I set up multibooting from within Knoppix? Or set another partition as active? I have studied the FAQs in vain. There is reference to QTPARTED being included, but I cant find it. Nor for that matter can I find Kfind. The manual tells me it will be found "in several programs", but which?
Please bear with an absolute newbie who doesnt speak linux. (Is there a newbie forum anywhere?)
Any help with be gratefully recieved.
Roger
Similar Threads
-
By trav618 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-25-2004, 03:54 AM
-
By jimbo62 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-15-2004, 02:28 AM
-
By metalfan in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-13-2004, 01:35 PM
-
By ovunque in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-18-2004, 12:20 AM
-
By Tea_Fiend in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-17-2004, 08:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Intel Xeon Gold 6248R 3.0GHz 24-Core SRGZG 35.75MB LGA3647 Server CPU Processor
$225.00

Dell PowerEdge R740xd Dual Intel Silver 4116 @2.1GHz 32GB HBA330 24Bay Server
$525.00

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$354.48

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Gold 6130 2.10GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$374.48

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00

NEW HP Z4 G4 Workstation Xeon W-2123 16GB ECC 256GB NVMe NVIDIA T400 750W Win11
$450.00