Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Weather APP

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4

    Weather APP

    I used to run a different distro, but now have fallen back in love with Knoppix. I do have one question. When I run the synaptic package manager, none of the weather apps I used before are listed. Aweather is there, but it just doesn't "do it" for me. I prefer indicator-weather. But I don't know how to get it on here, maybe it's for Gnome only?
    Are there any repositories, that I could add to Synaptic so I could get something working. I also tried installing Yawp, but after installing it, it is not listed anywhere on the menu or the panel applets.
    Anyone know of a good one like Yawp that will work with this distro?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    Which Knoppix version do you use?

    If you want to use yaWP (Yet Another Weather Plasmoid) you have to use KDE. The DVD versions of Knoppix 7.0 come with several desktop environments like GNOME, LXDE and KDE. If you have got the DVD version you can use a menu entry in the Knoppix menu to switch to another desktop environment.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4

    Really?

    I had it running on Gnome, using linux mint. Hmmm

    Is there anyway to compile it to run on LX?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$239.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$319.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black

$313.00



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD

$219.99



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11

$374.99



Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2 14

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2 14" 16GB, Thunder Black

$387.46



Lenovo IdeaPad 1 15AMN7 15.6

Lenovo IdeaPad 1 15AMN7 15.6" 8GB 512GB, ABYSS BLUE

$190.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11

$229.99