Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Weather APP

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4

    Weather APP

    I used to run a different distro, but now have fallen back in love with Knoppix. I do have one question. When I run the synaptic package manager, none of the weather apps I used before are listed. Aweather is there, but it just doesn't "do it" for me. I prefer indicator-weather. But I don't know how to get it on here, maybe it's for Gnome only?
    Are there any repositories, that I could add to Synaptic so I could get something working. I also tried installing Yawp, but after installing it, it is not listed anywhere on the menu or the panel applets.
    Anyone know of a good one like Yawp that will work with this distro?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    Which Knoppix version do you use?

    If you want to use yaWP (Yet Another Weather Plasmoid) you have to use KDE. The DVD versions of Knoppix 7.0 come with several desktop environments like GNOME, LXDE and KDE. If you have got the DVD version you can use a menu entry in the Knoppix menu to switch to another desktop environment.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4

    Really?

    I had it running on Gnome, using linux mint. Hmmm

    Is there anyway to compile it to run on LX?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK picture

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK

$169.95



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99



Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW picture

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW

$1.39



MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY picture

MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY

$229.00



Lot 3x 16GB Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G6E1QI / CT16G4RFD4266 ECC Server memory picture

Lot 3x 16GB Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G6E1QI / CT16G4RFD4266 ECC Server memory

$160.00



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



lot of 5 SK Hynix 32GB (160GB) PC4-2666V ECC Server RAM HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK Tested picture

lot of 5 SK Hynix 32GB (160GB) PC4-2666V ECC Server RAM HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK Tested

$1000.00



x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM picture

x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM

$329.99



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99