-
What good video player can I use instead of Flash?
Hi
I'm trying to find and watch old TV programs (60s,70s,80s) by streaming (or
downloading) them.
But at many sites, I can't play the video I select. I don't want to install
Adobe Flash Player because I'm pretty certain that as a by-product it will
invade my privacy.
So I've installed Linux "lightspark" and "gnash", which I'm informed can be used
instead. They work on the BBC website (although I can't select full screen, and
the integral volume and move-through-the-program slider don't work).
But on many other sites I can't play the program/video AT ALL. Does anyone have
a solution please? I'd love to watch old TV series like "It Aint Arf Hot
Mom", "Harry O", variety shows, and many others.
Also, could you tell me how to DOWNLOAD videos (for watching later)? And what
Linux software do I watch them with, thanks.
I've got Knoppix 7.0.2 on the hard drive of my Acer Aspire 5750 laptop.
I would be most grateful for your kind help.
John
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99

Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive MZ7LN250 MZ-75E250
$25.99