-
Out Of Sync Problem after hardware recognition in boot
First of all, Hi to everyone.
When I want to boot Knoppix 7.0.2 from a USB drive in live mode, just after the hardware recognition it give me a black screen in the monitor with the "Out of Sync" text. I know that shows up that because the synchronization of my screen is wrong but the only way I can is adding the cheat code "Knoppix nomodeset" in the boot but is only a partial solution because in the Desktop Environment I don't have Video acceleration and the resolution table in settings only reach to 1024x720 (I have a 23" LED LG and a Nvidia 9600GT)
I already try with the next cheat codes:
nomodeset (It pass the black screen but with no graphic acceleration)
screen=1920x1080 depth=24
xvrefresh=60 or vsync=60
xmodule=nv
vga=normal
Thanks for advance to anyone who can give me a hand
PD: Sorry for my horrible English, I'm from Argentina and I don't have too much practice with the language.
-
Senior Member
registered user
First, try Knoppix 7.0.4 to see if you have better luck with that.
Second, would the monitor work better if you try with another pc/graphics card? Or the card with another monitor? Myself, I have some pc/monitor combinations not working, and I just try to avoid them. (I have both 1920x1080 and 1920x1200 monitors, for example.) With a working system, you can at least record the settings used and see if you can recreate them on the troublesome configuration.
Third, you could try to change the driver used. Googling on Nvidia 9600GT and Linux topics may turn up something. (It certainly did for me.)
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99

AS IS READ DESCRIP. Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF
$215.00

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97