-
1. Chromium browser: "pages unresponsive". 2. Konqueror: "failed authenticty
check"
Hi. A new problem has just started in my Chromium browser for some reason.
I use Knoppix 7.0.2 on hard drive on Acer Aspire 5750 laptop.
When trying to visit a site, the rotating circle keeps rotating (in the
tab), then a Chromium message appears
"Following pages have become unresponsive. You can wait for them to become
responsive or kill them. Kill pages -OR- Wait". And a box shows the basic
website that you were trying to access.
Pressing "Wait" returns you to the ever rotating circle. Pressing "Kill pages"
produces a message "He's dead, Jim!".
The problem started shortly after I got wifi working. But Chromium WAS working
Ok for a while after I'd got wifi working. The problem occurs whether I'm using
wifi or an Ethernet cable.
When using Ethernet cable, I make sure that wifi is switched off (ie orange LED
is off by pressing Fn+F3 keys).
Is there any connection between the problem and me installing wifi in the
kernel? Why has Chromium just started exhibiting this prob?
As a temporary get-round, I tried Konqueror browser. It works but has a
separate problem of its own. Every time you visit a new site, you get the
message
"Server failed the authenticity check. The certificate is not signed by any
trusted certificate authority". But when you click on "Details", under
"Trusted?", it says "Yes".
I'd be most grateful for a solution to both problems, but if you have an answer
just to Chromium, that would be fine. Thanks.
(Unfortunately I'm finding that having Knoppix is like having a car, but every
journey I take, I'm having to get out and mend something in the engine.)
John
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

HP Z420 Pro Workstation PC Xeon E5-2660 8-Core 64GB RAM Quadro K5000 128GB SSD
$249.00

DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99

HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC
$166.49

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

HP EliteBook 850 G6 15.6" Core i5-8265U 1.60GHz 8GB RAM AMD Lexa GPU PWR Adapter
$120.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked
$79.99

Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11
$89.99

DELL OPTIPLEX 3280 21.5" AIO Core i5 10500T 8GB 256GB NVMe Windows 11 -NO STAND
$179.99