-

Originally Posted by
klaus2008
I would suggest that you open a terminal and issue
Hi klaus2008
You're very clever.
I issued "Chromium" at terminal. It starts at my home page which is
www.google.com/webhp?complete=0
(I use this URL all the time. It simply takes you to google, but you don't get
the annoying drop-down selection list as you type your search string.)
Back to the plot. The cursor didn't automatically sit in search box as it
normally does. I chose not to enter a search string, and just waited. After
about a minute, the following message appeared:
"Following pages have become unresponsive. You can wait for them to become
responsive or kill them. Kill pages -OR- Wait".
I clicked "Kill pages", then message/page "He's dead, Jim!" appears.
So i exited Chromium, which returned me to terminal. I got the following output:
knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ chromium
[5:5:3444306844:ERROR:nss_util.cc(459)] Error initializing NSS without a
persistent database: libsoftokn3.so: cannot open shared object file: Permission
denied
INFO: Lightspark version 0.6.0.1 Copyright 2009-2012 Alessandro Pignotti and
others
NOT_IMPLEMENTED: The SDL audio plugin does only support one concurrent stream!
INFO: A plugin was found. Adding it to the list.
INFO: The plugin SDL plugin was added with backend: sdl
INFO: A plugin was found. Adding it to the list.
INFO: The plugin Pulse plugin output only was added with backend: pulseaudio
INFO: the selected backend is: pulseaudio
INFO: get_plugin: pulseaudio
INFO: RenderThread this=0xb7a4e200
INFO: Creating input thread
INFO: Newstream for
http://static.googleusercontent.com/...lcp/www.google.
com/en//logos/swf/startrek12.swf
INFO: NET: Downloading to memory
INFO: Compressed SWF file: Version 9
INFO: FrameRate 24
INFO: Creating VM
INFO: Download complete
http://static.googleusercontent.com/...lcp/www.google.
com/en//logos/swf/startrek12.swf
INFO: SWF Metadata:
format: application/x-shockwave-flash
title: Adobe Flex 3 Application
description: http://www.adobe.com/products/flex
publisher: unknown
creator: unknown
language: EN
date: Sep 6, 2012
INFO: MaxRecursionDepth: 1000, ScriptTimeoutSeconds: 60
INFO: SWF Info:
ProductId: 3
Edition: 6
Version: 3.2.0.3958
CompileTime: 0
NOT_IMPLEMENTED: Unsupported tag type 56
NOT_IMPLEMENTED: Unimplemented Tag 56
INFO: NS_DestroyPluginInstance 0xb79c1cc0
INFO: ~nsPluginInstance 0xb79c1cc0
knoppix@Microknoppix:~$
I don't understand the output of course because I'm VERY new to Linux.
(As a side point, does some of the output suggest that google is doing some kind
of clandestine downloading?
You see, i've transferred from Microsoft Windows to Linux because i don't like
the fact that Windows software downloads and uploads information to/from my
hard-drive as and when it feels like it (whenever i'm connected to the
internet).)
I can tell that you're quite an expert. Is there anything in the above output
that tells you what's causing my "unresponsive pages" problem?
WHAT'S ODD TO ME is that I don't recall doing anything in Chromium or Knoppix
that may have caused this Chromium problem to start. Having said that, while i
was carrying out your fine instructions to get wifi to work, i did accidentally
REPEAT one of the terminal commands you gave me. So i don't know if that has
done something dodgey.
Many thanks for your kind help with this. John.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

DEFECTIVE IBM SYSTEM X3530 M4 7160AC1 Server 2INTEL XEON E52430L 0 80GB G3D
$142.50

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive
$200.00

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99