-
Senior Member
registered user
b43 wifi disconnects persist in Knoppix 7.0.5
.
Greetings, Fellow Broadcom b43 wifi users.
I think the new Knoppix 7.0.5 may have a similar problem that 7.0.4 had.
After a period of wifi connection in a crowded internet environment,
and no activity,
I occasionally find my b43 wifi is disconnected, no longer listed on the
wifi icon list and no longer looking to get re-connected. This is always
remedied by a reboot. The problem occurs rarely, and perhaps more
rarely in 7.0.5 than 7.0.4.
Similar complaints exist over may Linux distros with no real solutions
offered that I have found, other than the reboot, that is.
In Knoppix 7.0.4, I thought I might have cured this problem by adding
b43 to /etc/modules. My hope was that this might aid networkmanager to
re-install b43 if ever it is removed from the kernel due to inactivity.
I'd be interested in other b43 users' experiences in 'crowded' internet
environments, and what if any solutions they may have tried if they have
encountered this b43-disconnect phenomenon. Probably any Knoppix 7 b43
has this difficulty to some degree.
Last edited by utu; 12-27-2012 at 10:49 PM.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS
$8199.99

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99

Juniper FAN3-PTX-H-S Fan II price incl VAT 3 yr warranty* B2B
$2500.00

Juniper NS-ISG-1000 ISG-1000 Integrated Security Gateway Baseline Chassis 4PORT
$129.99

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99