Hi
(Got Knoppix 7.0.2 on hard drive).
Lightspark (alternative to Flash player) causes an error message at most
websites where i want to play/stream a video. And it won't play the video.
["Details" below.]
I understand that Adblock (in Chromium) blocks adverts. It's said that
adverts can cause problems for Lightspark, and that Adblock can allow
Lightspark to work.
SO: I've installed AdBlock (using Synaptic), ie the following packages:
xul-ext-adblock-plus (v2.1-1, latest)
xul-ext-adblock-plus-element-hiding-helper (v1.2.2-1, latest)
But the Lightspark problem is still there. In Chromium (shortly after the
installation of Adblock in Synaptic), Iceweasel popped up with a message
saying something vaguely like "Thankyou for installing Adblock", and it said
you could look at some sort of filter list. I then just exited Iceweasel. I've
read that that "first-time" Adblock action is normal.
But now, there is nothing to indicate whether Adblock is actually enabled when
i use Chromium. I exited Chromium and re-started it to see if there was any
icon to show that it was enabled. But there is nothing shown. I can't see
Adblock mentioned within Chromium Tools/Settings. It's not listed under Plug-ins
or Extensions.
MY MAIN QUESTION: Can you tell me how to ENABLE Adblock in Chromium please?
Adverts seem to continue to appear on web pages, so maybe this indicates that
Adblock isn't enabled. But apparently some ads ARE allowed by Adblock when you
accept the default filter list, which i did.
I realise that the Lightspark problem might not actually be due to the absence
of Adblock. I've checked that I've got the latest version of Lightspark.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Details (of screen message when Lightspark can't play a video):
A typical message (on a black screen inside a box) says
"We're sorry, Lightspark encountered a yet unsupported Flash file
SWF file: http://player.hulu.com/videopanel/vi...ferrer=http%3a
%2f%2fre
Cause: Unhandled ActionScript exception".
I got the above message at the site:
http://retrovision.tv/freevideo/lost...965-67-on-hulu
Thanks, John.

$999.99
Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000
$40.00
RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00
Commodore Amiga A1200 Vintage Computer Power Supply Mouse Bundle - Tested
$999.99
DKB MegAChip for Amiga 2000/500 2MB Chip Ram expansion with 8375 Agnus Tested
$285.00
AMIGA DB23 RGB Female to VGA Male Buffered Cable 5 ft. - A1000 A2000 A3000 A4000
$38.00
Commodore Amiga 2000HD Vintage Personal Computer A2000
$599.99
Commodore Amiga 1010 External 3.5” Floppy Drive A500 A1000 A2000 • Untested
$64.99
NewTek Video Toaster 4000 Commodore Amiga
$170.00
Commodore Amiga 2000 A2000 – Motherboard Repaired by Amiga of Rochester
$1099.99