Hi
(Got Knoppix 7.0.2 on hard drive).
Lightspark (alternative to Flash player) causes an error message at most
websites where i want to play/stream a video. And it won't play the video.
["Details" below.]
I understand that Adblock (in Chromium) blocks adverts. It's said that
adverts can cause problems for Lightspark, and that Adblock can allow
Lightspark to work.
SO: I've installed AdBlock (using Synaptic), ie the following packages:
xul-ext-adblock-plus (v2.1-1, latest)
xul-ext-adblock-plus-element-hiding-helper (v1.2.2-1, latest)
But the Lightspark problem is still there. In Chromium (shortly after the
installation of Adblock in Synaptic), Iceweasel popped up with a message
saying something vaguely like "Thankyou for installing Adblock", and it said
you could look at some sort of filter list. I then just exited Iceweasel. I've
read that that "first-time" Adblock action is normal.
But now, there is nothing to indicate whether Adblock is actually enabled when
i use Chromium. I exited Chromium and re-started it to see if there was any
icon to show that it was enabled. But there is nothing shown. I can't see
Adblock mentioned within Chromium Tools/Settings. It's not listed under Plug-ins
or Extensions.
MY MAIN QUESTION: Can you tell me how to ENABLE Adblock in Chromium please?
Adverts seem to continue to appear on web pages, so maybe this indicates that
Adblock isn't enabled. But apparently some ads ARE allowed by Adblock when you
accept the default filter list, which i did.
I realise that the Lightspark problem might not actually be due to the absence
of Adblock. I've checked that I've got the latest version of Lightspark.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Details (of screen message when Lightspark can't play a video):
A typical message (on a black screen inside a box) says
"We're sorry, Lightspark encountered a yet unsupported Flash file
SWF file: http://player.hulu.com/videopanel/vi...ferrer=http%3a
%2f%2fre
Cause: Unhandled ActionScript exception".
I got the above message at the site:
http://retrovision.tv/freevideo/lost...965-67-on-hulu
Thanks, John.

Dell T7910 Workstation Tower Homelab AI Server PC - Xeon CPU - NO HDD/RAM/GPU
$279.99
NEW HP Z4 G4 Workstation Xeon W-2123 16GB ECC 256GB NVMe NVIDIA T400 750W Win11
$450.00
Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95
Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
HP Z420 Tower Workstation Xeon E5-1620 3.60GHz, 4GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$140.00
For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX
$149.99